Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) was founded in 1969 under a legislative act of the Government of Punjab. The board administer the activities of the public schools in the Punjab state and conduct the examinations.
The headquarters of the Punjab School Education Board is located in SAS Nagar, Mohali, Chandigarh. The main function of this board is to prepare and revise the syllabus and publishing the textbook for the schools.
Functions Of Punjab School Education Board
- To make the necessary arrangements for conducting the examinations at the school level. At present, the board conducts exam at the middle, matriculate and higher secondary level.
- The board prescribes the course and textbooks for school education. The board has an academic wing having expert teachers of all subject. The main responsibility of experts is to prepare and revise the syllabus regularly and then prepare textbooks accordingly.
- The arrangement of the preparation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of the textbooks.
- To make the arrangements for affiliation of the schools of the board.
- To make the efforts to improve the quality of education in the schools.
- To act as an advisory body to state government regarding school education.
Punjab School Education Board Branches
- Academic Branch
- Punjab open School
- Construction Wing
- Account Brach
- Affiliation Branch
- Examination Branch
- Legal Cell
- Computer Center
The syllabus of Punjab school education board for all class that is from 1st to 12th class is available online. The syllabus of PSEB is revised regularly for different academic sessions. You can download the syllabus or see it through the link given below:
The books of PSEB are prepared by the academic wing of the board having the expert teachers of all subjects. The syllabus of the books is revised regularly according to the necessity. After preparation of the syllabus, textbooks are printed and published for the students. All PSEB e-books from class 1st to class 12th are provided below. You can see them online or can download them for future:
- E-Books for Class 1st
- E-Books for Class 2nd
- E-Books for Class 3rd
- E-Books for Class 4th
- E-Books for Class 5th
- E-Books for Class 6th
- E-Books for Class 7th
- E-Books for Class 8th
- E-Books for Class 9th
- E-Books for Class 10th
- E-Books for Class 11th
- E-Books for Class 12th
Punjab School Education Board Roll Number/Admit Card
Punjab school education board issues the roll number or admit card for different exams like the middle, matriculate higher secondary and other examinations. All the admit cards/roll numbers are issued few days before the examinations. You can check and download the admit card from the link given below:
At present, the board conducts examinations at middle, matriculation and senior secondary level. Every year approx 3-4 lakhs candidates of 12th class participates in the examination and the same number of candidates of 10th class.
The board conducts the examinations of both the classes in the month of the February/March and declares the result in the month of the May.
The result of the Punjab school education board is declared in the month of April/May. You can see the Result of PSEB of all the classes here from the link given.
Last year result statistics of the PSEB 10th and 12th class are given below:-
PSEB 10th class result
|Pass percentage of Girls||1,51,817||1,18,874||78.30%|
|Pass percentage of Boys||1,90,513||1,90,513||67.43%|
PSEB 12th class result
|Regular School||Open School||Total|
|No. of candidate appeared||2,87,527||30,926||3,18,453|
PSEB Contact Details
Formation:- November 25,1969
Headquarters: – Ajitgarh
Location:- “Vidya Bhawan”, Phase-8, Ajitgarh (Mohali) Pin Code-16006
Official Language: – Punjabi