Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) comes into existence in the year of 1969 under the Himachal Pradesh Act No. 14 of 1968. Its Headquarters was in Shimla at starting later shifted to Dharamshala in January 1983.
The education board prescribes syllabus, courses of instructions and text books for the school in the Himachal Pradesh besides conducting examinations on the basis of course listed.
Functions Of HPBOSE
- To make the necessary arrangements for conducting the examinations at the school level. At present, the board conducts exam at the middle, matriculate and higher secondary level.
- The board prescribes the course and textbooks for school education. The board has an academic wing having expert teachers of all subject. The main responsibility of experts is to prepare and revise the syllabus regularly and then prepare textbooks accordingly.
- The arrangement of the preparation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of the textbooks.
- To make the arrangements for affiliation of the schools of the board.
- To make the efforts to improve the quality of education in the schools.
- To act as an advisory body to state government regarding school education.
Affiliations of HPBOSE
Himachal Pradesh board of school education has the responsibility to grant the affiliations to the schools and cancel the affiliation of the schools. HPBOSE grant the affiliations in every academic year. The list of all the schools affiliated with the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education is given in the below link. You can click on the link and check the list of all the schools affiliated by HPBOSE:
HPBOSE Application Forms
Himachal Pradesh board of school education has given the different application forms regarding various purpose on the official website of the board. All the forms are available online. You can download them from the official website of the board or from the link given below:
Himachal Pradesh Board Admit Card/Roll Number
Himachal Pradesh board of school education issues the roll number or admit card for different exams like the middle, matriculate higher secondary and other examinations. All the admit cards/roll numbers are issued few days before the examinations. This admit card is necessary to sit in the examination hall. Students without admit card are not permitted to sit in the examination hall.
At present, the Himachal Pradesh Board of school Education conducts the examination of the 10th and 12th class. Also, the board conducts J.B.T and T.T.C examinations. Approx 5 lakh students appear in these examinations per year conducted by the board.
Presently 8000 schools are affiliated with the board and the board has set up 1650 examination centers throughout the Himachal Pradesh State. The Gujarat board also published its books for 1st to 12th class students.
Himachal Pradesh board of school education conducts the examinations for the 10th and 12th class in the month of February and March and declares the result in the month of the May. You can see the results here:
- Plus Two (Regular/Comp/Imp/Addl/Diploma) Result march-2017
- SOS Plus Two examination Result march-2017
Here are the HPBOSE 10th class toppers of the last year are given below:-
Himachal Pradesh Board Contact Details
Formation: – In The year 1969
Headquarters: – Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Official Language: – Hindi and English