West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) is a state level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal Entrance Examination Board for the admission to 9 government and 94 private engineering and medical colleges/Universities in West Bengal State.
WBJEE offers the admission to approx 104 engineering and medical colleges after exam result declaration according to ranks of the candidates. The exam can only be taken by the candidates who have taken the science stream in 10+2 and studied subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
There are basically two separate tests for Medical (called WBJEE Medical) and Engineering . The difference is that the Medical paper has Biology subject and Engineering paper has Mathematics subject.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
WBJEE Engineering exam consists of three sections like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and all sections have three categories. The exam will have the multi-type or objective type questions. Every question has 4 choices in which one choice is correct.
For official Website of WBJEE click here
The candidate has to mark the correct answer in OMR sheet. There will be negative marking for each incorrect answer that is 1/4th mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||Category-1||Category-2||Category-3||Total MCQs||Total Marks|
|Physics||30×1 mark||5×2 mark||5×2 mark||40||50|
|Chemistry||30×1 mark||5×2 mark||5×2 mark||40||50|
|Mathematics||50×1 mark||15×2 mark||10×2 mark||75||100|
|Biology Science||80×1 mark||25×2 mark||10×2 mark||115||150|
Eligibility Criteria For West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam
Candidates applying for the WBJEE has to fulfill the Criteria in order to get admission in required institutes. If candidates do not fulfill all requirements then they will not be able to participate in the examination. All the required terms of criteria are given below:-
- For B.tech/B.E program candidates domicile is not required while for Medical and Dental program Domicile of West Bengal is required.
- For B.Tech programs (Except Marine Engineering), the candidate must need to be at least 17 years old. There is no upper age limit for the examination. For Marine Engineering program, the candidate must need to be 17 years old and the upper limit of age is 25 years.
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard or equivalent board with the central recognized board having subjects Physics, Mathematics and any one of the subjects that are Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science.
- Candidate should pass in every subject with individually passing marks in all subjects.
General category candidates should have secured minimum aggregate marks of 45% in the 12th standard. For Reserved category, the candidate should secure minimum aggregate marks of 40%.
- All the candidates must score 30% marks in English in 12th standard.
- For the candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Dairy program should score 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics together for general category and 40% marks for reserved category.
- For claiming reservation seat in the institutes of West Bengal, candidates must have the domicile of West Bengal.
Applying for WBJEE some scanned documents are needed, here is the list of documents:
- Latest colored passport size photo
- Left Thumb Impression
- Marksheet of 10th class
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 12th class mark sheet
- PwD certificate
- Category Certificate
Note: – All the certificates should be in A4 and in JPEG/JPG format.
Steps to fill the Application Form
Step 1- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves through the official website of WBJEE. In 1st step, a password will be generated.
Step 2- Filling Information: In this step candidates have to fill their personal details, educational details, exam related details and other important details.
Step 3- Uploading of Image and Signature: In this step, candidates have to upload their photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression properly.
Step 4- Payment Fee: Candidates can pay the fee through online method or with e-challan.
Step 5- Print Out Application Form: After fee payment, the final step is to download the acknowledgment page for future purpose.
The syllabus is divided into three subjects that are: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. All three subjects syllabus is given below:
- Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimensions
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Laws of motion
- Motion of center of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Atoms, Molecules, and Arithmetic
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- Atomic structure
- Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordinate Geometry of two Dimension
- Coordinate Geometry of three Dimension
After the declaration of result of examinations process of Counselling starts. All the candidates have to do online registration for Counselling through e-counselling on official website. The following steps are required for Counselling:-
- Online registration for Counselling.
- Choice filling of colleges according to preferences.
- Online Seat Allotment
- Online Seat Acceptance.
- Fee payment to book provisional seat allotment
- Reporting to the centers with required documents.
Documents Required For Verification
- Admit card
- Print out of rank card from the website.
- Class XII MArksheet
- Class X Mark sheet
- Seat Allotment letter
- Online Counselling registration fee Receipt (e-challan receipt)
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- PwD Certificate (If Applicable)
- Domicile (If Applicable)
The participating institutes and colleges offer admission in B.Tech/B.E Engineering Programs to the candidates on the basis of WBJEE rank. Here is the list of some institutes which gives the admission to candidates through WBJEE:-
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
- Jadavpur University
- Kalyani University Science Instrumentation Centre
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya
- West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences