VITEEE Counselling will be conducted in two phases that are Phase-1 and Phase-2. The dates of both phases have been announced by the VIT University. The Counselling for phase-1 will be conducted from 10th to 12th May 2017 while phase-2 from 15th to 22nd May 2017 as per the rank of the candidates. Only those candidates can participate in the Counselling who have appeared in the VITEEE Exam 2017 for the admission to various B.Tech Programs in VIT Vellore and Chennai Campuses.
VIT University will prepare a merit list on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates to offer the admissions to the candidates. The candidates will be called for the Counselling held on different dates by shortlisting them according to the ranks.
The candidates will be called for the Counselling held on different dates by shortlisting them according to the ranks. All the Candidates have to choose their Counselling centers two days before scheduled for appearing in the Counselling. Candidates have to download the Counselling card for appearing in the Counselling. For more information about VITEEE 2017 Counselling, go through this article.
Important Dates Regarding VITEEE Counselling
Dates For Counselling Phase-1
|1||From 1 to 8,000 Rank||10th May 2017|
|2||From 8,001 to 14,000 Rank||11th May 2017|
|3||From 14,001 to 20,000 Rank||12th May 2017|
Dates For Counselling Phase-2
|1||From 20,001 to 25,000 Rank||15th May 2017|
|2||From 25,001 to 40,000 Rank||16th May 2017|
|3||From 40,001 to 55,000 Rank||17th May 2017|
|4||From 55,001 to 70,000 Rank||18th May 2017|
|5||From 70,001 to 85,000 Rank||19th May 2017|
|6||From 85,001 to 99,999 Rank||22nd May 2017|
Documents Required For VITEEE Counselling
At the time of the Counselling, Candidates have to carry following documents in original and one set of self-attested photocopy. The documents will be verified while original will be returned back after verification. The list of all documents is as follows:
- VITEEE Admit Card
- VITEEE Counselling card
- Result Copy
- Class X Mark sheet for Age verification
- Class XII Mark Sheet (if available)/XII Board Hall Ticket for candidates awaiting for results.
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura)
- DD of Rs. 50,000 drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore
- Undertaking Form
- Student Profile
Documents Required At The Time of Admission
Candidates have to submit the following documents at the time of admission along with the above-mentioned list of documents.
- Hostel Affidavit – Male/Female Candidates
- Affidavit by Student
- Affidavit by Parent
- Physical Fitness Certificate
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Procedure
- The Counselling of VITEEE 2017 will be done through a single window.
- Firstly, Candidates have to register for any of the Counselling Venues on the basis of availability.
- Candidates will be permitted to participate in the Counselling only with a DD of Rs.50,000 in favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. Rs. 12,000 which is inclusive in the DD Amount and known as Counselling and processing fee, will be adjusted in the academic fee after confirmation of the seat and acceptance of the branch.
- If the candidate will not be able to attend the Counselling, then his/her seat will be offered to the next candidate according to the merit order.
- Candidates have to carry all the listed documents which are given above at the time of Counselling.
- Candidates are required to upload the relevant documents on the student profile. Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech program in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of Counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the Counselling Center to enable the candidates to make their choice. Candidates will be allotted Branch on the basis of availability.
- After completion of the Counselling of particular day, the remaining seats will be published online for the next day of Counselling.
- After successful allotment of the seat, candidates have to pay the remaining fee on or before 12th June 2017 either through DD or Online.
- Candidates who need Hostel, they have to submit a separate DD of Rs.21,000. (20,000 for Advanced Hostel Fee + 1,000 for Processing fee which is non-refundable).
- Candidates who are eligible for the Scholarship can avail the facility of the same after joining the Institute.
Check this out: VITEEE Cut Off 2017
Important Facts About VIT University Counselling
- The time and date of the Counselling can’t be changed in any circumstances.
- Candidates can attend the Counselling only Once.
- After allotment of Branch and Campus, Candidates can’t change it.
- The seats offered to the candidates on the basis of their All India Rank in VITEEE.
- The Counselling of VITEEE will be done through a single window which means candidates can attend the Counselling in any of the four campuses i.e. a candidate can attend Counselling at VIT Vellore to get the seat in VIT Chennai.
- If a candidate will not be able to attend the Counselling on his/her scheduled day and time then he/she can attend the Counselling on subsequent date and time. For this candidate has to inform the VIT Office for the same and he/she has to accept the branch whichever is available at that time.
- In the case, a qualified candidate’s mark sheet is not received before the scheduled day of Counselling then he/she has to produce an undertaking mentioning that if the candidate fails to qualify as per the rules then he/she will give up their seat.
- If the remaining fee of the Institute will not be paid before the deadline then the admission of the candidates will be Cancelled.
VITEEE Counselling Eligibility
- Only candidates having a rank between 1to 99,999 are eligible to participate in the VITEEE Counselling for admission iv VIT Campuses.
- Candidates having rank 1,50,000 or above will be eligible to attend the Counseling for the admission in VIT Bhopal. The date of Counselling for the candidates who are ranked between 1,00,000 and 1,50,000 (only for Bhopal, MP) will be announced shortly.
- Candidates having rank 1,00,000 and above will not be able to participate in VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, and VIT A.P.
VITEEE Scholarship 2017
Here we have given the Scholarship “Under GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP):
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
Note: – * Terms and Conditions Apply.