GMAT Syllabus 2017 is designed by the conducting authority that is Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The GMAT 2017 syllabus is divided into four sections that are Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal. We have provided the complete syllabus of GMAT 2017 below in this article. Candidates can see the syllabus and plan their studies accordingly.
GMAT syllabus consists of wide range of topics. Candidates preparing for the GMAT 2017 must aware of the complete syllabus so that he/she can prepare for the exam in a good manner. This syllabus helps the candidates to understand what topics to read and what topics to leave. The time duration of the exam is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes. Candidates are evaluated on the scale of 200-800.
Candidates can check the complete syllabus for all four sections in this article. This is also important for the candidates to know about the GMAT Exam Pattern and syllabus before preparing for the exam. So we have provided both the details in this article. Go through this article to get the complete information about the same.
The GMAT Syllabus 2017 is divided into four sections which are as follow:
Section 1 – Analytical Writing Assessment
Thi section of GMAT has no specific topics. This section is for the testing the candidate’s ability of thinking. This is an essay section where candidates have to write an analysis of the presented argument. This section is scaled on the basis of following points:
- Writing And Ability Skills
- Clarity and Logic in Argument
- Overall relevance of essay with respect to the given topic
Section 2 – Integrated Reasoning
This section is similar to the Data Interpretation section in CAT. This section measures the ability of the candidate to evaluate information presented in multiple formats from multiple sources. The Integrated Reasoning section consists of 4 type of questions:
- Graphics Interpretation: – In this part, candidates have to interpret a graph and select the correct answer from the list.
- Table Analysis: – In this question, test takers have to sort the table to organize the data so that they can determine whether the certain conditions are met. Each question has the statement with two answers and candidates have to select the correct answer.
- Two Part Analysis: – In this question, examinees have to select the one answer from each column to solve the problem.
- Multi Source Reasoning: – In this part, candidates have to see that which data they need to answer the question.
Section 3 – Quantitative
This quantitative section consists of two types of questions: Problem Solving & Data Sufficiency. The main topics of Quantitative sections are:
- Powers and roots
- Profit & Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Systems & Number Theory
- Multiples and factors
- Speed, Time, & Distance
- Pipes, Cisterns, & Work Time
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixtures & Allegation
- Descriptive statistics
- Permutation & Combination
- Monomials, polynomials
- Algebraic expressions and equations
- Arithmetic & Geometric Progression
- Quadratic Equations
- Inequalities and Basic statistics
- Rectangular solids and Cylinders
- Lines and angles
- Coordinate geometry
Check This Out Best GATE Coaching Institutes
Section 4 – Verbal
This section evaluates the following abilities of the candidates:
- Reading and understanding the written material
- Rectifying the written material in accordance with standard written English
- Reasoning out and appraising the arguments
This section has the three types of questions which are as follows:
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Sentence Correction
GMAT Exam Pattern
The time duration for the GMAT 2017 is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes. GMAT exam has four sections: Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning and Verbal and Analytical Writing Assessment.
|S.No.||Section||Number of Qustions||Allocated Time|
|1||Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30 Minutes|
|2||Integrated Reasoning||12||30 Minutes|
|Total||91||3 Hour & 30 Minutes|