General Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) will be conducted by the IIT Guwahati. IIT Guwahati has released the GATE Syllabus 2018 for the test takers which include all the topics that candidates have to prepare for the GATE Exam. Each applicants preparing for the exam, must aware of the GATE Syllabus.
GATE 2018 exam will be conducted in 23 papers according to the various streams like EE, ME, CS, ECE, CH, BT, IN, XL, AE, IE etc. GATE 2018 syllabus is given below in PDF format for all 23 papers.
One thing is to remember that GATE paper has General Aptitude section compulsory for all streams. GATE syllabus 2018 is given below in PDF format for all streams like GATE 2018 Syllabus for Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT), Mechanical (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE), Electronics And Communications (ECE) etc. Students can download the syllabus according to their streams.
To fill GATE Application form 2018 – Click Here
GATE Syllabus 2018
|S.No.||GATE Paper||Download Link|
|1||Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Click Here|
|2||Agricultural Engineering||Click Here|
|3||Architecture and Planning||Click Here|
|5||Chemical Engineering (CHE)||Click Here|
|7||Civil Engineering (CE)||Click Here|
|8||Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT)||Click Here|
|9||Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||Click Here|
|10||Electrical Engineering (EE)||Click Here|
|11||Ecology and Evolution||Click Here|
|12||Geology and Geophysics||Click Here|
|13||Instrumentation Engineering (IE)||Click Here|
|15||Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Click Here|
|16||Metallurgical Engineering||Click Here|
|17||Mining Engineering||Click Here|
|18||Petroleum Engineering||Click Here|
|20||Production and Industrial Engineering||Click Here|
|21||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||Click Here|
|22||Engineering Sciences Syllabus|
|XE A Engineering Mathematics||Click Here|
|XE B Fluid Mechanics||Click Here|
|XE C Material Science||Click Here|
|XE D Solid Mechanics||Click Here|
|XE E Thermodynamics||Click Here|
|XE G Food Technology||Click Here|
|XE F Polymer Science & Engineering||Click Here|
|XE H Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||Click Here|
|XL P – Chemistry||Click Here|
|XL Q – Biochemistry||Click Here|
|XL R – Botany||Click Here|
|XL S – Microbiology||Click Here|
|XL T – Zoology||Click Here|
|XL U – Food Technology||Click Here|
GATE Syllabus 2018 Important Topics
According to the previous year question papers, we have provided the important topics for some streams below. Candidates can see them and prepare them for the good marks in the GATE.
GATE Syllabus – Important Topics For Electronics Engineering
- Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Telecommunication Technology & Management
- Micro Electronics
- VLSI Design Tool Technology
- Control & Automation
- Micro Electronics
- Optoelectronics & Optical Communication
GATE Syllabus – Important Topics For Electrical Engineering
- KCL, KVL and Node and Mesh analysis
- Two-port networks
- Network Theorems
- Transient Analysis of First order circuits
- Power Generation Concepts
- Circuit Breakers
- Load flow methods, Bus Impedance, and Admittances matrices
- HVDC and FACTS concepts
- Single phase transformers
- Three phase transformers
- Single Phase Induction Motors
- DC machines
- Principles of Choppers
- Principles of Inverters
- Characteristics of Semiconductor Devices
- 1st order transfer functions
- Block Diagrams
- Frequency domain specifications, Bode plots, and Compensators.
- BJTs and FET
- Operational Amplifiers
- Rectifiers and Amplifiers.
- Boolean algebra
- K-maps and Counters.
- Combinational circuits
- Sequential circuits
Signals And Systems
- LTI systems
- Basics of Signals and Systems
Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Bridges and Potentiometers
- Error Analysis.
- Current, Power, Energy and Power factor.
GATE Syllabus – Important Topics For Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Design of Mechanical Equipment or Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Orthogonal cutting
- Tool life equation problems
- Casting types and design of castings
- Riser and Gate design of casting
- Resistance welding
- Problems on welding.
- Second law and First law problems
- Steam turbines, Availability.
- Laws of TD, Properties.
- Problems on Diesel, Otto, Dual cycle, Detonation, and Knocking,
- Velocity potential, Flow through Pipes
- Surface tension
- Boundary layer theory Capillary
- Centrifugal pumps
- Applications of Bernoulli equation.
- Unit quantities of turbines and pumps.
- Specific speeds of turbine and pumps
- Problems on conduction
- Numbers in convection like Pr No, Gr No, Re No, etc.
- The problem in Heat exchangers like NTU, Critical Thickness, Shape factor in radiation.
Need Free GATE Sample papers for Practicing?
Theory of Machines & Vibration
- Linkages and Inversions of Single and double slider crank
- Pairs and its applications
- Planetary gear train
- Gears LOC, POC
- Free damped vibrations
- Shafts problems
- Governors and Flywheel.
- Queuing theory
- EOQ problems
- Inventory control.
- Defects in crystal structure
- Effect of Alloying Elements
- Heat treatment.
Strength of Materials
- Stress and strain
- SF & BM
- Bending stress.
GATE Syllabus 2018 – Important Topics for Computer Science & Information Technology
- Computer Systems and Hardware.
- Software Engineering.
- Information Security.
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Advanced Computing
- Image Processing.
- Artificial Intelligence
GATE Syllabus – Important Topics for Civil Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Solid Mechanics
- Steel Structures.
- Structural Analysis
Water Resources Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Water and waste water disposal.
- Air Pollution.
- Noise Pollution.
- Municipal Solid waste.
Find Out Top GATE Coaching Institutes Near You.
- Transportation Infrastructure.
- Highway Pavements.
- Traffic Engineering
GATE Syllabus – Important Topics for General Aptitude
- Sentence completion.
- Word analogies.
- Numerical Computation.
- Data Interpretation.
- Probability and Statistics.
- Complex analysis
- Linear algebra, Calculus.
- Differential equations.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about GATE Exam. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information of GATE Examination.