GATE Application Form 2018 has released by IIT Guwahati on 31st August. Candidates can apply for the same online through the link provided in the article below. Aspirants are advised to check the GATE Eligibility Criteria before filling the GATE 2018 application form. The last date of filing the application form of GATE 2018 is 5th October 2017. The application form process is one through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
GATE Application form 2018 includes online registration, filling the personal details, educational details, uploading of Photograph & signature and application fee payment. Applicants have to choose the three exam centers also while filling the application form. Candidates can also apply for the PSUs through GATE Exam. Go through the article to get all information about GATE Application Form like steps to fill the form, application fee, important dates etc.
Need Gate Syllabus for Preparation then Download Free GATE Syllabus For all Papers.
GATE Application Form Important Dates
|Commencement of GATE Application Form||31st August 2017|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||5th October 2017|
|Last Date for Change in Exam City||17th November 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||5th January 2018|
|Gate Exam Date||3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2018|
To Fill The GATE Exam Application Form – Click Here
GATE Application Form 2018
Application form GATE is available online and applicants can fill it through the complete guide for filling the application form which is explained below. Just follow the step by step procedure to get register for GATE 2018 examination.
Checklist For GATE Application Form
- Personal Details as per the documents.
- Complete Address including PIN code.
- Academic Qualifications.
- GATE Examination Cities.
- Photograph as specified
- Signature as Specified.
- Details of Valid ID Proof.
- Scanned copy of degree certificate in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (If Applicable) in PDF format.
How To Fill GATE Application Form 2018??
Here we have explained the procedure to fill the application form of GATE. Check the stepwise explanation:
- The candidate has to enter the valid email id, Mobile number, and GOAPS password.
- The password chosen must be unique and avoid using the name, date of birth etc. Candidates ensure that no one can guess the password.
- All the communication will be done by the registered email id and mobile number to ensure that the email id and mobile number are correct.
GOAPS Enrollment ID
Once candidates registers successfully, the GOAPS enrollment id will be sent to the registered email id. This enrollment id will be used for future logins for download admit card, result, Counselling etc.
Step-2 Filling Application Form
- Now, applicants have to log in through their credentials which are user id and password.
- After successful login, candidates have to fill the application form.
- Candidates have to enter the following details while filling the application form:
- Personal Details
- Educational Details
- Contact Information/Address
- College Information
- Name of GATE Paper
- Exam Centers
- Photo ID Proof
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of candidate
- Scanned copy of Documents
- After filling all these details, candidates are advised to cross-check all the information before proceeding further.
- How To Prepare For GATE Exam?
- GATE Previous Year Question Papers With Solution
- GATE Free Online Mock Test.
Step-3 Uploading of Scanned Images
In this step, candidates have to upload their scanned copy of photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in the JPEG/JPG format. The details regarding size, format etc. is given below in this article.
Step-4 GATE Application Form Fee Payment
- After uploading the images, applicants have to pay the registration fee.
- Aspirants can pay the fee through online mode as well as the offline mode which is explained below.
Application Fee For GATE 2018
|Male (General/OBC) & Other Candidates||Rs. 1,500/-|
|SC/ST/PWD & Women Candidates Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|International Candidates – Dubai and Singapore||USD 100/-|
|International Candidates – Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||USD 50/-|
Modes of Payment
Candidates can pay the registration fee through the following payment modes:
The candidates have to click on the ” Pay Registration Fee” button to pay the registration fee. After that candidate has to select the Debit Card/ Internet banking option according to the convenience. After the successful payment, the candidate can download the Registration Form.
The candidates have to click on the ” Pay Registration Fee” button to pay the registration fee. After that, the candidate has to select the E-Challan payment. Then a challan will be generated. Take the printout of that challan and carry this challan to the bank for cash payment. After payment, the candidate can again login to the website and can print the Registration Form.
Step-5 Submission of GATE Application Form
- Candidate should check the all information by clicking on the “Preview” Button before submitting the form.
- After checking all information click on the “Confirm and Final Submit” Button. Remember one thing, Candidates cannot change their information after final submission of the form.
- There is no need to send any documents to the GATE Office.
- Candidates can also check their GATE 2018 Application form Status.
Check Out the GATE Paper Patter to Understand the exam structure.
Documents Required For GATE Application Form 2018
- The photograph should be passport size with name and date.
- The photograph should be colored with a clear background (prefer white/blue background).
- It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
- The size should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height).
- File size should be more than 5 kb and less than 200 kb.
- The photograph should be clear (without blur or smudge).
- The signature should be done by the candidates only as it may be checked anytime frequently.
- Signature will be accepted on the white page only.
- Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Sign inside the box.
- The scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
- Crop only box area.
- Save in file size is not less than 5 kb and not more than 150 kb.
4. Photo ID Proof
Candidate must have one of the following Photo ID Proof to fill the details:
- Driving License
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhar UID
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
- International Students must enter details of their passport only.
5. Candidates In Final Year
- A copy of previous Semester/year mark sheet.
- The copy should be in PDF Format.
6. Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Course Completion Certificate
- The candidates who have passed the college should upload their degree.
- The copy should be in PDF Format.
7. Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- This should be in PDF Format only.
8. Disability Certificate (If Applicable)
- This should be in PDF Format only.
How To Check GATE Application Form Status??
After successfully registration to GATE, candidates can check their application status by following these steps:
- Candidates have to log into the official website of GOAPS.
- Candidates have to enter the details like enrollment ID, email ID, and password.
- After login GATE application status will be shown on the screen.
Looking for Top Coaching Institutes for GATE Preparation?
Problems While Logging in GOAPS
1. Forgot Enrollment ID or Not Received Enrollment ID Via Email: If this happens then candidates have to choose this option and have to enter the registered mobile number and password to get the Enrollment ID via SMS.
2. Forgot Password: If this happens then candidates have to choose this option and have to enter the registered mobile number and enrollment ID to get the password via SMS/email.
3. Forgot Enrollment ID as well as Password: In such a case candidates must contact the GATE 2018 Zonal office if they have already made the payment. If they are yet to pay the application fee, they must enroll fresh.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about GATE Exam. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information of GATE Examination.