Before applying for the exam, each applicant must go through the GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018 which is released by the conducting authority of GATE 2018. The eligibility criteria are the minimum requirements that a candidate has to meet to be eligible for applying. If a candidate fails to do so, then his/her registration might be canceled at any stage of admission.
The eligibility of GATE 2018 includes requirements related to age, qualifying exam, qualifying marks, category, nationality etc. If a candidate fulfills all these requirements then he/she can fill the GATE Application Form to apply for the exam. Go through this article to get all the information about GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age limit to apply for GATE.
- Indian national candidates can apply for the exam.
- Candidates from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) can also appear in GATE Exam. They must have completed or must be in their final year of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject.
- All candidates who are applying must have completed or must be in their final year of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject.
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or in the final year of their degree can also eligible to apply.
- Applicants having Bachelor’s degree in B.S (Science) or must be in their final year can also apply.
- Candidates having Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent or must be in their final year of the program.
- Applicants having Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or must be in second or higher year of their program can apply for GATE Exam.
- Candidates having Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology or must be in their fourth or higher year of their program.
- Applicants having M.Sc. or integrated B.Sc./ M.Sc. or must be in the final year of their program.
- Candidates having qualifications by professional societies recognized by UPSC/ AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech.
- Candidates who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of professional courses are also eligible.
- There is no minimum pass percentage in the qualifying degree for applying.
GATE Eligibility Criteria in Detail
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination||Description of Eligibility||Year of Qualification (Not Later Than)|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.)||B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Check out the Best GATE Coaching Institutes for your preparation.
Note: – Candidates must note that GATE Eligibility Criteria is not for the admission to the institutes. It is just for the entrance exam. To know eligibility criteria for the admission, check all requirements of that particular institute for which they want to apply.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about GATE Exam. If you like the article please share it on social media for the betterment of all the candidates who are applying for the GATE exam.