The government of the West Bengal has established the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE), under the West BengalCouncill of Higher Secondary Education Act 1975. This board looks the education system of 10+2. This board has the main office in the Kolkata with 4 regional branches.
It is the duty of the council to advise the state government on all matters related to the higher secondary education. The board has the power to direct, supervise and control the higher secondary education in the west Bengal state.
Functions Of WBCHSE
- To make the necessary arrangements for conducting the examinations at the school level.
- The board prescribes the course and textbooks for school education. The board has an academic wing having expert teachers of all subject. The main responsibility of experts is to prepare and revise the syllabus regularly and then prepare textbooks accordingly.
- The arrangement of the preparation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of the textbooks.
- To make the arrangements for affiliation of the schools of the board.
- To make the efforts to improve the quality of education in the schools.
- To act as an advisory body to state government regarding school education.
Branches Of WBCHSE
- Academic Branch
- Accounts Branch
- Certificate Branch
- Establishment Branch
- Examination Branch
- Pension Cell
- State Open School (SOS) Cell
- RPR Branch
WBCHSE Syllabus 2017
The syllabus of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education for the higher secondary class is available online. The syllabus of WBCHSE is revised regularly for different academic sessions. You can download the syllabus or see it through the link given below:
Syllabus of higher secondary class
WBCHSE Important Forms
Important forms of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education are available online. You can download the various forms from the below links:
The examination for the 12th class is called Uchiha Madhyamik or higher secondary examinations. The higher secondary examinations are conducted annually all over in the state of West Bengal. At the same time examinations held in the other boards affiliated to this outside the West Bengal or elsewhere in India.
The examinations of the 12th standard are conducted in the month of February/March and the result declares in the month of June.
Every year approx 7 lakhs candidate participate in these examinations. The result of the examination is declared in the month of April/May. Students can see their results here after the declaration. Check Here the result of WBCHSE.
Previous year result stats of 12th class are:-
Total number of candidates appeared:-7,79,453
Total passed students:- 6,79,453
Total pass percentage:- 83.65%
Candidates pass with 1st Division:- 2,42,740
WBCHSE Contact Details
Formation: – In the Year 1975
Headquarters: – Kolkata, India.
Location:- ‘Vidyasagar Bhavan’, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091