Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU), formerly Nagpur University, was established on 4th August 1923 which is located in Nagpur, Maharastra, India. RTMNU is one of the oldest Universities in India and second oldest in Maharastra State, after University of Mumbai. The University releases the RTMNU Results or Nagpur University Results on the official website. To check the RTMNU Results 2017-18, the link is provided below in the article.
The University was named after Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj, a renowned spiritual leader, orator, and musician from Vidarbha. At the time of establishment, the University has 6 affiliated colleges and 927 students. In 1983, The University was divided to form Amravati University. In the year 2005, the University was renamed as Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. The University has accredited as ‘A Grade’ by NAAC.
The University has two campuses: (1) The old campus near Maharajbagh zoo was established in 1923 and serves as the administrative block. (2) The new campus near Futala Lake which is much larger and houses the different departments. Later, several career oriented courses have been started viz., Business Management, Fine Arts, Mass Communication, Library Science, Physical Education, etc. RTMNU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. For more information about the University, Click Here.
Want some tips to prepare for CAT Exam by toppers and experts?
The University has a list of 600+ affiliated colleges and institutes across the state of Maharastra. Some of the reputed colleges are Vasantrao Naik Government Institute of Arts and Social Sciences (established in 1885 as Morris College), College of Agriculture Nagpur (founded in 1906), Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Government College of Engineering, Nagpur, Government College of Architecture and Government Polytechnic, Nagpur. To read the complete list of affiliated colleges, go to the link.
If you are interested in Studying Abroad or Work in Abroad then below articles are for you:
Faculties and Departments
The University has various faculties like Faculties of Arts & Humanities, Science, Social Sciences, Home Science, Medicine, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Law, and Ayurveda consisting of 39 Postgraduate teaching departments (PGTD) and three constituent colleges (the Law College, College of Education, and the Laxminarayan Institute of Technology).
The university has uploaded the RTMNU syllabus for all courses online on the official website of the university. Students can download it in the pdf format from the website. The link to download the syllabus is also available below for the ease of the students.
To download the syllabus. students have to click on the link and they will be redirected to the university syllabus page. After that, students have to select the course for which they want to download the syllabus. After clicking on the link, the syllabus file will open in a new tab which is of pdf format. Students can download the syllabus by clicking on the download link.
Click Here to download RTMNU Syllabus for UG Courses.
Click Here to download RTMNU Syllabus for PG Courses.
RTMNU Results 2018
The Universit has started releasing the RTMNU Results for the academic year 2016-17 online on the result portal of the University. The University conducts the examination in winters and summers and declares the result in the same season known as RTMNU Winter Results and RTMNU Summer Results. The students can check the RTMNU Timetable 2018 for the exams on the website or through the link.
Check out the Some Popular Exams for the Government Jobs:
Students can also check the RTMNU Results 2018 or Nagpur University Results through the link provided in the article. The link is provided for the convenience of the students because many students face the problem to see their results due to the server failure. To check the result, students have to follow the below-given steps one by one.
Click Here to Check RTMNU Results 2018 for all Courses.
Steps to check the RTMNU Results 2017-18 for all Courses
- To check your result, firstly click on the link provided above.
- As you click on the link, you will be redirected to the official result page of the University in a new tab.
- Now, enter the required details like faculty, exam name, and roll number.
- After entering all these details correct, you have three options which are View Marksheet, Analyse, and Gazette.
- Select any of the options which you want and you can see your RTMNU Result 2018.
Best of luck with the Results! If you got good marks then its time to celebrate but if you got low marks then there is no problem. Just focus on your studies, work hard and you will definitely get the good marks on your next exams.
The main library which is known as Bhausaheb Kolte Library was established in the year 1923 in order to cater the academic and research needs of students. Earlier, the library was in the main university building itself. The foundation stone of the building was laid on 29th March 1954. The library can accommodate 250 readers at a time and had the capacity in 4 tiers to hold 3,50,000 volumes approximately.
Initially, the university had a jurisdiction extending over 11 districts of eastern Maharashtra called Vidarbha. After the establishment of the Amravati University in 1983, the jurisdiction was reduced to six districts of Nagpur, Wardha, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Bhandara, and Gondia. Out of these, two districts Chandrapur and Gadchiroli were transferred to Gondwana University which was established in September 2011. After that, the university has jurisdiction only over four districts of Nagpur, Wardha, Bhandara, and Gondia.
Notable Alumni of RTMNU
- B. D. Kulkarni, chemical reaction engineer, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize recipient
- Chandrashekhar Shankar Dharmadhikari, Padma Bhushan, Judge and Indian Independence
- Damaraju Raghavarao, Indian-born statistician known for his contributions in design of
- Datta Meghe, MP
- Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Dhanashree Halbe, translator, poet, and children’s author
- Eknath Easwaran, internationally known & respected spiritual teacher
- Eknath Ranade, founder of Vivekananda Kendra
- Harishankar Parsai (1924–1995), noted Hindi writer and satirist
- Indra Bahadur Khare (16 Dec 1922-13 April 1953), Hindi Poet and writer
- K. Jayakumar, senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Kerala
- Marotrao Kowase, MP from Gadchiroli-Chimur
- Rahul Sharma, co-founder, and CEO, Micromax Mobile
- Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, Vice President of India & Former Chief Justice of India
- Mukul Wasnik, General Secretary, Indian National Congress, and Union Minister
- Nitin Gadkari, MP from Nagpur and Union minister
- P. V. Narasimha Rao, Former Prime Minister of India
- Prafullachandra Vishnu Sane, molecular biologist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize recipient
- Ramesh Jain, scientist, professor, and entrepreneur in the field of Computer Science
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about Universities Results, Admit Cards, Syllabus etc. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information about the same.