Each candidate preparing for the SSC CGL exam must go through the SSC CGL Syllabus 2017 which is announced by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) along with the official notification. SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus for Tier-1 & 2 is based on the topics of class 10th, 12th and graduation level. The syllabus of SSC CGL 2017 is very important for the candidates who are preparing for the exam. Aspirants can check the detailed syllabus in this article below.
SSC CGL Syllabus helps the candidates to know the topics from which the questions will be asked in the exam. With the help of SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus, candidates can know which topics to read or which topics to leave. Read his article to get all information about SSC CGL Syllabus 2017.
Want to Download the SSC CGL Admit Card then click on the link given.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2017
Here applicants can check the detailed syllabus of SSC CGL Tier-1, 2 & 3. All the topics regarding the exam are given below:
SSC CGL Syllabus For Tier-1
1. Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and distance time & Work
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Computation of whole numbers
- Decimals, fractions, and relationships between numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree, and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons
- Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Heights and Distances
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
2. General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification,
- Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series,
- Coding and decoding,
- statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization,
- Spatial orientation
- Analysis, judgment
- Decision making,
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts,
- Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching
- Classification of center codes/roll numbers
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding
- Decoding and classification
- Coding & decoding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence
3. General Awareness
In this section, questions will be based on the general awareness and current events. This test includes questions from history, Geography, culture, General Policies, Economics etc.
4. English Comprehension
- Ordering of jumbled sentences using codes
- Question infill in the blanks
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution, synonym, and antonym
- Common error, sentence correction
Want to know about SSC CGL Selection Procedure for all Posts?
SSC CGL Syllabus For Tier-2
1. Quantitative Ability
- Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence, and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles
- Computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and relationships between numbers, Percentage.
- Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business.
- Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds.
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right 20 Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
2. English Language & Comprehension
- Active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration
- Spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms
- Spelling/detecting misspelled words
- Idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences
- Shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage & comprehension passage.
- Measure of Central Tendency
- Measure of Dispersion
- Correlation & Regression
- Sampling Theory
- Index Numbers
- Time Series Analysis
Part-A Finance And Accounts
- Financial Accounts
- Basic Concepts of Accounting
Part B Economics and Governance
- Theory of Production and cost -Meaning and Factors of production; Laws of production- Law of variable proportions 22 and Laws of returns to scale.
- Indian Economy – Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors-Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems, and growth
- National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility
Finance Commission-Role and functions
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics – Definition, scope, and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply – Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behaviour-Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
- Population-Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth
- Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment
- Infrastructure – Energy, Transportation, Communication
Important: – SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key Declared.
SSC CGL Syllabus For Tier-3
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about SSC CGL Exam. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information of SSC Examination.