The test takers preparing for the CGL Exam should check the SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 before start preparing for the exam. CGL Exam Pattern has released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern includes distribution of marks, number of questions, types of questions, marking scheme, number of sections etc. All the test takers preparing for SCC CGL 2017 must go through the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2017. This exam pattern helps the candidates to understand the actual structure of the exam.
According to the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, the exam will be conducted in four Tiers: Tier-1, 2, 3 & 4. Tier-1 & 2 will be the objective type computer-based test (CBT) and Tier-3 will be conducted in offline mode that is pen-paper mode. Tier-4 includes computer proficiency test/Skill Test/Document verification. Read this article to get all the information regarding SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017.
Need SSC CGL Previous Year Papers for Preparation?
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Applicants can check the exam pattern for all Tiers i.e Tier-1, 2, 3 & 4 below.
Exam Pattern For Tier-1 Exam
|S.No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- The Tier-1 will consist of 4 sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude & English Comprehension.
- The total number of questions is 100, 25 questions in each section.
- Each question will carry 2 marks and total marks for the paper is 200.
- The total time duration of the exam will be 60 minutes.
- Candidates give will be awarded +1 mark for each correct answer and -1/2 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier-2
|S.No.||Papers||Number of Questions||Marks|
|2||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
- Tier-2 will be conducted in four papers from which paper-1 & 2 is compulsory for all the candidates. Paper-3 (Statistics) will be conducted for the post of Junior Statistical Officer and Paper-4 (Finance, Accounts, Economics and Governance) for the post of Audit Officer in C & AG.
- Each paper from all four papers will be of two hours.
- Paper-1 will be of Quantitative Aptitude carrying 100 questions and 200 marks. Each question will be of 2 marks and .50 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Paper-2 will be of English Language & Comprehension carrying 200 questions and 200 marks. Each question will be of 1marks and .25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Paper-3 will be of Statistics consisting of 100 questions and 200 marks. Each question will be of 2 marks and .50 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. This paper will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator.
- Paper-4 will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistance Audit Officer in C & AG. This paper will be in two parts: Finance and Accounts carrying 40 questions and 80 marks; Economics an Governance carrying 60 questions and 120 marks.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier-3
- SSC CGL exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Total time duration of the exam will be 1 hour.
- The total marks of the paper will be 100 marks.
- This exam will evaluate the candidate’s writing skills.
Check Out: – SSC CGL Official Answer Key 2017
SSC CGL Exam Pattern For Tier-4
- Tier-4 will be of Data Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test.
- This test will be conducted online.
- The Speed Test in the Data Skill Test should be 8,000 key depressions per hour.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about SSC CGL Exam. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information of SSC Examination.