Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced the IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2017 along with the official notification. IBPS PO Exam Pattern includes the structure of the prelims and mains exam such as the number of questions, marking scheme, number of sections, the time duration of exam, total marks etc.
The Preliminary Exam of IBPS PO 2017 carries three sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability while Mains exam carries five sections: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. Go through the article to get complete information about IBPS PO Exam Pattern.
Also, Check the IBPS PO Syllabus for Prelims & Mains Exam for Preparation.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2017
Here we have provided the IBPS PO Exam Pattern for both exams i.e. Preliminary and Mains in detail.
- Preliminary exam caries three sections which are English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude.
- The time duration of the exam will be 1 Hour or 60 Minutes.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- Prelims exam will be of total 100 marks.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Applicants have to qualify the cutoff for all three sections.
Overview of Preliminary Exam
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Mains exam will have five sections which are Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Total time duration of the exam will be 180 Minutes.
- The total number of marks will be 200.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer (Except English Section)
- The marks will be calculated up to two decimals.
Overview of Preliminary Exam
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted|
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
After shortlisting from Prelims exam and Mains exam, candidates are shortlisted for the Interview round. The interview round will be of 100 marks. Candidates have to score minimum 40% marks for General Category and 35% marks for SC/ST/PWD/OBC candidates to qualify the interview round.
Download IBPS PO Admit Card Online for the Exam.
Final Merit List
IBPS will prepare the final merit list on the basis of the candidate’s scores in Mains exam and interview round. The marks of prelims exam will not be considered in final merit list. The marks wight age of the final merit list will be 80:20 where 80 marks will be of Mains exam and 20 marks will be for Interview round.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about IBPS Exam. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete information of IBPS Examination.