Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) conducts the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) to offer the admissions for various undergraduate engineering programs. Every Year Approx two lakh candidates participate in the VITEEE exam to fill the 5,000 B.Tech seats across it’s all four campuses that are VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Andhra Pradesh and VIT Bhopal. For more information about the VIT, click here.
VIT College Vellore has released the application form for the candidates in online mode as well as offline mode. The online application form was released on 1st November 2017 while offline application form was issued on 9th November 2017. The last date to fill the application form online and offline is 28th February 2018.
VITEEE 2018 will be conducted in online mode from 4th to 15th April 2018 in 3 sessions every day at VIT-Vellore, VIT-Chennai, VIT-Bhopal, And VIT-AP campuses. However, at other exam centers, VITEEE 2018 will be conducted from 10th to 15th April 2018.
VIT has also released the mock test for the candidates to understand the pattern of the exam and for practicing. To download the admit card, applicants have to book their slot first which will be available in the third week of March 2018. To get the information about VITEEE Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Counselling, Admit Card, Exam Date, Result etc., read this article.
Brief About VITEEE 2018
|1||Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam|
|2||Commonly Known As||VITEEE|
|4||Exam Category||University Level|
|6||Conducting Institute||VIT University|
|1||Start of online Application Form||1st November 2017|
|2||Availability of offline Application Form||9th November 2017|
|3||Last date of Applying Online/Offline||28th February 2018|
|4||Release of Mock Test||6th January 2018|
|5||Slot Booking Commencement||Third Week of March 2018|
|6||Availability of Admit Card||Last Week of March 2018|
|7||VITEEE Exam||4th to 15th April 2018
Session I – 9 AM to 11:30 AM
Session II – 12:30 PM to 3 PM
Session III – 4 PM to 6:30 PM
|8||VITEEE Result Declaration||25th April 2018 (Tentative)|
|9||Counselling Phase-1||Second Week of May 2018|
|10||Counselling Phase-2||Third Week of May 2018|
What’s New in VITEEE 2018?
- The application fee for online application form has been increased to Rs. 1150/- from Rs. 970/- and application fee for offline mode has been increased to Rs. 1200/- from Rs. 990/-.
- The number of test center has been increased to 124 across India and Abroad from 119 test cities. Qatar has been added as new exam city outside India for 2018-19, along with Dubai, Kuwait, and Muscat where the exam was held last year too.
- The offline application form is available on all 4 campuses of VIT.
The eligibility criteria are various conditions or requirements which a candidate has to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for applying. These requirements are regarding age, educational qualification, passing marks, nationality etc. All these conditions are provided below:
- Candidates applying for VITEEE must be born on or after 1st July 1996.
- Applicant must have passed 12th class or appearing for the 12th class from CBSE, ISC or any State Board.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidates must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in class XII.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST category or North Eastern states, the average marks obtained in PCM/PCB together should be 50%.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) students can also apply.
- Indian, Non-Resident Indian, Person of Indian Origin or OCI Holder can apply.
VITEEE 2018 Application Form
The VITEEE Application Form is now available in online mode as well as in offline mode. The last date for submitting the form in online mode and offline mode is 28th February 2018. Applicants can check the procedure of filling the application form in online mode and offline mode which are explained below:
VIT University Online Application Form
- Candidates have to register themselves by entering their email ID and phone number.
- After registering you will get a password on your registered email ID.
- Now login again and fill the application form by entering personal details, educational details etc.
- Click on Submit button.
- Now, candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- In the last step, candidates have to pay the application fee by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/ Demand Draft.
VITEE Offline Application Form
- The candidates can get the offline application form through any of the 4 campuses of VIT through a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- (Inclusive GST) in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
- They can also get the application form from the designated post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
- Candidates have to fill the application form manually and have to send it in the given envelope.
- They have to affix the photo and sign the form in specific place. The signature of the parents or Guardians is also mandatory.
Candidates applying for the VITEEE has to do their Slot Booking by booking their exam date and time according to their convenience. Slot Booking will be available from the third week of March 2018. Candidates have to choose the slot from the available slots. Slot Booking will be done on the basis of first come first serve. Any candidate who has not book his/her slot will not be permitted to give the exam. To know the complete procedure of slot booking and the link to book the slot, go through the complete article.
Exam centers are the venues where the VITEEE exam will be conducted. All the aspirants have to choose the exam center while filling the application form. The VIT Entrance Exam 2018 will be conducted across 124 cities in India and Abroad. Outside India, the test will be held across Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat, and Qatar. VITEEE 2017 exam was conducted in 119 cities including India and Abroad (Dubai, Kuwait, and Muscat). Candidates can select two test cities at the time of filling the application form. Aspirants can confirm their choice at the time of slot booking. Candidates are advised to book their slot for the exam as soon as possible to get the date of their choice.
VITEEE Admit Card
Candidates can download the VITEEE Admit card after booking the slot. Admit card will be available online for downloading tentatively in the last week of March 2018. As the candidate complete the process of slot booking, his/her admit card will be generated and they can take the printout of the same. The admit card of the VITEEE contains the information like name of the candidate, admit card number, the photo of the candidate, exam date, exam center and address of the exam center. If there is any discrepancy in the admit card of the candidate then he/she immediately contact the VIT University.
How to Download the Admit Card?
- Firstly, visit the official website or click on the link.
- Now, enter the application number, password and security code.
- After entering these details correct, they can see the admit card on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take the printout of the same.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
VITEEE Exam Pattern has 125 total number of questions in B.Tech paper having 40 questions in each subject that are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology while English section has 5 questions. The weight age of every question is same for all sections i.e. 1 mark. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer. All the questions were objective in nature. The time duration of the exam is 2.30 hours.
|Sections||Total Number of Question||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of VITEEE has divided into four sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. The syllabus carries the list of topics from which questions will be asked in the exam. Each candidate preparing for the exam must aware of the syllabus. The VITEEE Syllabus helps the aspirants to prepare for the exam as per the given topics in the syllabus. The syllabus of VITEEE mostly covers the topics that are covered in 11th and 12th class. The syllabus for all the subjects is provided in this article. So, download your syllabus and start preparing for the exam.
VITEEE Sample Papers
VITEEE Sample papers or previous year papers are available with the solution. By practicing these papers candidates can be the master in the topics. These papers also help the students to understand the pattern of the exam and nature of the questions that will come in the actual VIT exam. Sample papers also help the candidates in learning of time management so that they can finish the exam on time. The sample papers are available in pdf format and for free of cost. Students can download them and can evaluate their preparation for the exam.
VITEEE Mock Test
VIT has released the mock test for the applicants on 6th January 2018. They can take the test to understand the actual pattern of the exam. The total time duration of the test is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes. Candidates have to answer the various questions related to the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. Any aspirant can take this mock test irrespective of registration. Which means candidate need not get register for the mock test.
VITEEE Participating Institutes
VITEEE Participating Institutes are the institutes which offer the admissions to the various programs of B.Tech/B.E available at the institutes. The participating Institute of VITEEE 2017 were VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal (MP) and VIT Amaravati (AP). These institutes have offered the admission to the students over 5,000 seats in B.Tech undergraduate programs.
VITEEE Result 2018
VITEEE Result will be tentatively declared on 25th April 2018. The result will be declared in online mode. The University uses the Equipercentile Equating method to calculate the result of the students. In this method, the university uses the percentile of the candidate to find his/her rank. Candidates have to log in to the portal by entering their application number and date of birth in order to check their VITEEE Result. The aspirants will be informed about their rank scored through SMS.
VIT has not declared any cutoff list for the admission to different programs of B.Tech/B.E available at all 4 campuses of VIT: VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal and VIT Andhra Pradesh. VITEEE cutoff for all 4 campuses can be considered as the closing rank of different branches for which Counselling will be held.
Last year, candidates having rank from 1 to 20,000 were called for the first phase of the Counselling held on different days. The students were offered the admission to various branches on the basis of the percentile of the candidates. The closing rank of the first phase of counseling for the particular branch can be considered as the cutoff for that particular branch.
The candidates were shortlisted for the VITEEE Counselling 2018 on the basis of their rank. After that, shortlisted candidates were called for the Counselling which will be held on the different dates and in different phases. VIT conducts the Counselling in two phases which will be held in the second week of May (First Round) and the Third week of May 2018 (Second Round). After that, University conducted the Biometric Authentication for the shortlisted candidates. The Counselling for all 4 campuses will be conducted simultaneously.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about all entrance exams. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete details about VITEEE Exam.