Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) or Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) will conduct the UPSEE Counselling 2017. The Counselling will be conducted for the admission to the undergraduate program for B.Tech/B.E in various institutes across the Uttar Pradesh State.
The Counselling will be conducted in the month of June 2017. The candidates who are qualified in the UPSEE will be eligible to take the participate in the UPSEE Counselling.
To participate in the Counselling of UPTU, candidates have to register themselves and report for the document verification before the choice filling of courses and colleges.
After allotment of seat, the candidate has to freeze their seat by paying the admission fees. The counselling will be conducted in three rounds, the last round will be done for the Reserved category candidates only.
The non-UP candidates who have qualified the UPSEE, they can apply for the 10% seats of Private institutes affiliated by the AKTU on the basis of UPSEE merit.
If the seats remain vacant after the Counselling then they will be filled through the JEE Main or on the basis of 12th class performance. Candidates can check all information about the UPTU counselling in this article below.
Important Facts About Counselling of UPSEE
- 10% of the total seats available in B.Tech/B.Arch courses in private institutions affiliated by the AKTU will be filled by the Non-UP candidates on the basis of UPSEE Rank.
- Candidates who belong to other states than UP, they can apply for the 10% seats available in private institutes affiliated by the AKTU only after qualifying the UPSEE qualified candidates.
- All the seats available in Government Institutes/Government Aided Institutes/Government Self Financed Institutes will be filled through UPSEE. 85% seats of private institutes will also be filled through the UPSEE qualified candidates.
- The seats available in NRI/Management Quota or vacant seats will be filled in the 15 days of the last date of counselling by the following preference:
- JEE Main qualified candidates fulfilling all the requirements on the basis of JEE Main Rank.
- UPSEE qualified candidates matching all the requirements on the basis of UPSEE Rank.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th exam with minimum 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST). Candidate must pass without any grace in the exam. Candidate will be offered the seat in colleges on the basis of 12th class merit.
Important Dates Regarding Counselling
All UPSEE Counselling dates are given in this table:
|1||Registration and Document verification||Mid June 2017|
|2||Choice Filling of colleges – Phase 1||June 2017|
|3||Seat Allocation||Last Week of June 2017|
|4||Choice Filling of colleges – Round 2||July 2017|
|5||Seat Allocation||July 2017|
|6||Seat Verification||July 2017|
|7||Online Registration for SC/ST/OBC(NCL) candidates||Second Week of July 2017|
|8||Choice Filling||July 2017|
|9||Seat Allotment||July 2017|
|10||Online Registration for vacant seats for candidates of JEE Main, UPSEE or class 12th marks||August 2017|
|11||Choice Filling||August 2017|
|12||Seat Allotment||August 2017|
Procedure of UPSEE Counselling
Here we have explained all the steps included in the Counselling. For Counselling just follow these steps:
Registration: – Candidates have to register by submitting the Bank Draft of Rs. 500 as UPSEE Counselling fees. Then they have to report at the specified help centers for the document verification. The list of UPSEE Help Centers will be available on the official website of UPSEE.
Counselling Fee Payment: – The DD for the Counselling registration must be in favor of Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow payable at city branch of the applicant’s Counselling Center. For example: If you are appearing for the Counselling at Noida then the DD will be in the favor of Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow payable at city branch of Noida.
List of Documents For Reporting
The candidates must carry the original certificates with one set of attested copy.
- UPSEE Admit Card
- UPSEE Rank Card
- Class 12th Certificate & Mark sheet
- Rural Weightage Certificate ( If Applicable)
- Domicile of Father/Mother if the candidate has passed 12th class from another state than UP.
- Character Certificate.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/OBC Subcategory certificate for Freedom Fighters/Armed Forces/Physically handicapped as applicable (If Possible).
- Income certificate for economically weak candidates.
- GDDA category certificate (if Applicable).
After the document verification, candidates will be given a password to log in for choice filling of colleges.
Choice Filling: – After the document verification, candidates have to log into the registered account with the given password for filling of the choices. Candidates can fill any number of choices of courses and colleges in order to their preferences. Candidates should fill as many choices as they can and choices should be saved before logging out. Candidates can also modify their choices before saving them.
Seat Allotment: – Seat allotment will be done online and will be based on the UPSEE rank of the candidates, seat availability and choice filling of the candidates. The candidates having higher rank will be preferred for seat allotment. After seat allotment, candidates have to download their provisional seat allotment letter by login to the registered account and have to pay the admission fees to freeze the seat.
Confirmation of Seat: – To confirm the allotted seat following things to be done:
- The candidate has to confirm the allotted seat online by paying the part fees of Rs. 15,000 online. After payment, a fee receipt will be generated which have to be shown at the time of reporting to the college.
- If the candidate doesn’t pay the admission fee, his/her seat will be canceled.
- In case the fee payment receipt is not generated, candidates must report to the helpline center with all details.
- The Payment should be done in the fixed time.
- Candidates who want to apply for the up gradation must apply at the time of confirmation of allotted seat.
- The part fees will be adjusted against the total fee of the college.