NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017 is decided by the conducting authority which is Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Candidates can check all the requirements in this article below. Candidates must NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. In the case, if a candidate can’t fulfill all these conditions, is not eligible for the NEET 2017.
NEET Eligibility Criteria includes requirements regarding age, qualification, passing marks, passing year etc. Here we have given all the conditions that are mentioned by the CBSE. Read this article to get all information about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
- The applying candidates must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2017 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for NEET 2017.
- The upper age of the candidates must be 25 years for the general category as on the date of examination and 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates. This means the candidates belonging to the general category must have born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001. and for reserved category candidates 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001.
- The candidates appearing for Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear for the test.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have score minimum of 50% marks together. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology together must be minimum 40%.
- Earlier, according to CBSE, a candidate can avail maximum three attempts at NEET and candidates who had already taken their three attempts will not be eligible to appear in NEET 2017. However, as per a new notification, CBSE has removed the limitation of three attempts. The exam taken in 2017 will be treated as the first attempt irrespective of previous attempts.
Qualifications and Qualification Examination Codes
A candidate who is appearing in Class XII examination in 2017 and whose result is awaited can appear in NEET 2017. But if he/she doesn’t pass the qualifying examination with required pass percentage then he/she is not eligible for admission.
The senior secondary education or the Indian school certificate examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study consists of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at the level not less than the core of English.
The intermediate/pre-degree examination in Science of an India University or another recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject.
Should have completed a Pre-medical examination with Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, and English after graduating from Higher Secondary/Pre-University or equivalent examination. Practical tests are also included along with English as a compulsory subject.
Did You Know How to Prepare for GATE 2018
The first year of the three years of the degree from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practice tests and also have studied English as a core course.
Candidate must have passed B.Sc examination from an Indian university with not less than two of the subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. The candidate must have also passed the earlier qualification with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
Any other examination with Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and Chemistry (including practical tests) in the last 2 years of 10+2 is equal to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University Board.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about NEET.