Council of Architecture (CoA) conducts the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) for the admission of undergraduate B.Arch courses. NATA is a national level designing exam. NATA is conducted to offer the admissions in Government, Government-aided, Private Unaided, University Departments and Deemed Universities for the 5 years Architecture programs. The exam is conducted in two parts: Part-A which is online and consists of Maths and General Aptitude while Part-B is offline consists of Drawing questions. For more information about the NATA Exam, click here.
To participate in NATA Exam 2018 candidates have to register themselves by filling the application form which is available from 18th January 2018 onward. The last date of filling the application form is 2nd March 2018. The applicants have to upload the images and documents while filling the application form. The admit card will be available for downloading from 2nd April 2018.
The NATA Result 2018 will be declared on 1st June 2018. It may be noted that the Counselling for the NATA will not be conducted by CoA. Qualifying candidates have to apply individually to the institutes for the admission. To get all information about NATA 2018 like Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Result, and Counselling etc, go through this article.
|1||Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|2||Commonly Known As||NATA|
|4||Exam Category||National Level|
|5||Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
|6||Conducting Institute||Council of Architecture|
What’s New in NATA 2018?
- The exam centers for NATA 2018 has been increased to 136 of which 135 are in India and 1 in abroad.
- The application fee for the general category candidates has been raised to Rs. 1800/- (Inclusive all Taxes). The relaxation for the SC/St category candidates is applicable and they have to pay Rs. 1500/-.
- The candidates selecting Dubai as examination center, have to pay Rs. 8,000/- extra. So, they have to pay the total of Rs. 9800/- (1800 + 8000) as the application fees.
- The aspirants can pay the application fee online through SBI (State bank of India) payment gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for the registration for NATA 2018.
- The exam will be conducted online as well as in offline mode.
Important Dates Regarding NATA
|1||Availability of Application Forms||18th January 2018|
|2||Last Date For Submission of Application||2nd March 2018|
|3||Fee Payment Last Date||Fourth Week of February 2018 (Tentative)|
|4||Last Date of Confirmation Page Printing||Fourth Week of February 2018 (Tentative)|
|5||Application Correction Window||March 2018 (Tentative)|
|6||Downloading of Admit Card||2nd April 2018|
|7||NATA Exam Date||29th April 2018 (10:30 AM to 1:30 PM)|
|8||Scanned OMR Sheet Availability||Third Week of May 2018|
|9||Result Declaration||1st June 2018|
NATA Eligibility Criteria
NATA Eligibility Criteria is the requirements to be fulfilled by the candidates to participate in NATA exam. The eligibility criteria include requirements regarding age, education, marks obtained etc. The candidate who will fulfill these conditions will be eligible to participate in the NATA 2018. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria here:
- Candidates passed/appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Aspirants having passed/appearing in 10+3 Diploma recognized by any State/Central government having Mathematics as one of the subjects of study.
- Candidates passed/appearing in International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling in Mathematics required to be one of the compulsory subjects.
- The lower age limit of the candidate is 17 years as on 31.07.2018.
- Applicants have to score minimum 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Aspirants having passed/appearing in 10+3 Diploma recognized by any State/Central government having Mathematics as one of the subjects of study have to score minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates passed/appearing in International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling in Mathematics required to be one of the compulsory subjects have to score 50% marks in aggregate.
NATA Application Form
NATA Application Form is available from 18th January 2018 onward and the last date of submitting the application form is 2nd March 2018. The correction facility in application form is also available for the candidates. The steps for filling the application form are given here:
- Firstly, Candidates have to register themselves using valid email ID and mobile number to fill the application form. For this visit the official website.
- Then candidates have to fill the application form.
- After that, they have to upload the images.
- In next step, candidates have to pay the application fee.
- After that, candidates have to take the printout of the confirmation page.
|1||For General Category Candidates||Rs. 1800/- (Inclusive all Taxes)|
|2||For SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 1500/- (Inclusive all Taxes)|
|3||For Dubai Examination Center||Rs. 9800/- (1800+8000)|
Fees Payment Mode
Candidates can pay the application fee online through State Bank of India/ Bill Desk payment Gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
NATA 2018 Exam Centers
NATA Exam Centers are the venues where the exam is conducted. This year NATA will be conducted in 136 test centers in which 135 are across India and 1 is in Dubai. We have provided the list of some exam centers here. Candidates can check the list and chose the exam center accordingly.
|1||Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|42||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|44||Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
NATA Exam Pattern 2018
NATA Exam pattern gives an idea of the type of questions that will come in actual exam. The NATA Exam Pattern 2018 includes mode of exam, the time duration of exam, subject wise marks distribution etc. The exam is conducted in two sections, Section-1 (General Aptitude and Mathematics) and Section -2 (Drawing).
- The exam is divided into two parts: Part-A will be conducted online and covers Mathematics and General Aptitude. Part-B will be conducted offline covering the drawing section.
- The total time for the exam will be 3 Hours. First 90 minutes will be for the Mathematics and General Aptitude and remaining 90 minutes will be for drawing section.
- Mathematics part contains 20 questions while General Aptitude contains 40 questions. For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
- Drawing sections contains 2 questions, 40 marks for each question.
- There is no negative marking.
- Mode of Exam is online as well as offline.
NATA Syllabus 2018
NATA Syllabus includes all the topics from which the questions will be asked in the exam. The NATA 2018 syllabus is divided into three sections that are Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing. The syllabus is very important for the aspirants to prepare for the exam in proper and effective manner.
Syllabus For Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry of three dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
Syllabus For General Aptitude
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal) awareness of national/international architects and their creations.
Syllabus For Drawing
- Conceptualization and visualization
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
For Complete Syllabus of NATA Click on the link which is provided above.
NATA Mock Test
The conducting authority of the exam has made the availability of the mock test for the candidates. They can take the mock test and can check their preparation and also the know the examination pattern of the exam. The total time duration of the mock test is 180 minutes and aspirants have to give the answer by selecting the correct response. The applicants can also navigate through the sections. By taking this mock test, applicants can aware of the type of questions that will be asked in the actual exam. Each candidate must take the mock test.
NATA Admit Card 2018
Candidates can download the NATA Admit card online from 2nd April 2018 tentatively. Only registered candidates can download the admit card. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their application number, password, and security pin. Candidates without admit card will not be permitted to sit in the examination hall. Admit card of NATA carries the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Exam Key
- Application Number
- Appointment Number
- Date & Time
- Test Center
- Address of Test Center
- Photograph of student with signature
NATA Answer Key
The exam conducting authority will release the official answer key for the part-A only for the applicants. Aspirants can check and download the answer key once released by authority. The answer key will be released by the CoA but there is no confirmation for the same.
NATA Result 2018
NATA Result will be announced by Council of Architecture (CoA) on 1st June 2018. Candidates can download their scorecards along with the result. Candidates must take the printout of the scorecard for the admission process. The scorecard will be available online only. No hard copy will be sent to the candidates. The result will be released in the below three formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component.
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie-breaking rules.
- Percentile score based on the merit listing.
The applicants will qualify the exam if he or she will fulfill the below conditions:
- Minimum 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Minimum 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
NATA Counselling 2018
NATA Counselling will not be conducted by the Council of Architecture. Candidates have to check the University, Institute, and State admission notifications for the admission in B. Arch. Most of the Universities and Institutes accept the NATA score for the admission in B.Arch. Only those candidates can apply for the admission who have qualified the NATA 2018.
NATA Participating Institutes
NATA Participating Institutes are the colleges who will offer the admission to the candidates who have qualified the exam for undergraduate B.Arch courses. Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of their score in the test. We have provided the list of participating institutes below for the candidates:
|1||School of Architecture, CSI Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh|
|2||Guwahati College of Architecture, Assam|
|3||Angel Valley School of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|4||Faculty of Architecture, College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh|
|5||Institute of Architecture, Gujarat|
|6||Dignity College of Architecture, Chhattisgarh|
|7||S.A.R. College of Architecture, Andhra Pradesh|
|8||College of Architecture, Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi|
|9||College of Architecture, Holy Mary Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh|
|10||Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad|
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest information about all entrance exams. Share this article on social media or with your friends and let them know about complete details about NATA Exam.