Council of Architecture (CoA) conducts the NATA 2017 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) for the admission in undergraduate B.Arch courses. NATA is a national level designing exam. NATA is conducted to offer the admissions in Government, Government-aided, Private Unaided, University Departments and Deemed Universities.
To participate in NATA Exam 2017 candidates have to register themselves by filling the application form which was available from 4th January 2017 onwards. The last date of filling the application form was 11th February 2017. The correction facility in the application form was available from 20th to 24th February. Candidates can download the admit card online available from 28th March. The NATA 2017 Exam was conducted in offline mode on 16th April 2017. This is the first time NATA was conducted in a single day.
The NATA Result 2017 was declared on 9th June 2017. The official answer key for NATA was released on 25th May. To get all information about NATA 2017 like Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Result, and Counselling etc, go through this article.
Brief About NATA 2017
|1||Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|2||Commonly Known As||NATA|
|4||Exam Category||National Level|
|5||Exam Mode||Offline (Pen, Paper)|
|6||Conducting Institute||Council of Architecture|
Important Dates Regarding NATA
|1||Availability of Application Forms||4th January 2017|
|2||Last Date For Submission of Application||11th February 2017|
|3||Fee Payment Last Date||13th February 2017|
|4||Last Date of Confirmation Page Printing||28th February 2017|
|5||Application Correction Window||20th to 24th February 2017|
|6||Downloading of Admit Card||28th March 2017|
|7||NATA Exam Date||16th April 2017|
|8||Scanned OMR Sheet Availability||24th May 2017|
|9||Answer Key||25th May 2017|
|10||Result Declaration||9th June 2017|
NATA Eligibility Criteria
NATA Eligibility Criteria is the requirements to be fulfilled by the candidates to participate in NATA. The eligibility criteria include requirements regarding age, education, marks obtained etc. The candidate who will fulfill these conditions will be eligible to participate in the NATA 2017. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria here:
- Candidates passed/appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Aspirants having passed/appearing in 10+3 Diploma recognized by any State/Central government having Mathematics as one of the subjects of study.
- Candidates passed/appearing in International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics required to be one of the compulsory subjects.
- The lower age limit of the candidate is 17 years as on 31.07.2017.
Looking for PSU Jobs? Check out some PSU Jobs 2017:
NATA Application Form
NATA Application Form was available from 4th June 2017 onwards and the last date of submitting the application form was 11th February. The correction facility in application form was available from 20th to 24th February. The steps for filling the application form are given here:
- Firstly, Candidates have to register themselves using valid email ID and mobile number to fill the application form.
- Then candidates have to fill the application form.
- After that, they have to upload the images,
- In next step, candidates have to pay the application fee.
- After that, candidates have to take the printout of the confirmation page.
NATA Admit Card
Candidates can download the NATA Admit card online from 28th March onwards. Only registered candidates can download the admit card. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their application number, password, and security pin. Candidates without admit card will not be permitted to sit in the examination hall. Admit card of NATA carries the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Exam Key
- Application Number
- Appointment Number
- Date & Time
- Test Center
- Address of Test Center
- Photograph of student with signature
NATA Exam Pattern
NATA Exam pattern gives an idea of the type of questions that will come in actual exam. The NATA Exam Pattern 2017 includes mode of exam, the time duration of exam, subject wise marks distribution etc. NATA is conducted in two sections, Section-1 (General Aptitude and Mathematics) and Section -2 (Drawing).
- Total time duration of the paper is 3 Hours. 90 Minutes to attempt General Aptitude and Mathematics and remaining 90 minutes to attempt Drawing section.
- Mathematics part contains 20 questions while General Aptitude contains 40 questions. For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
- Drawing sections contains 2 questions, 40 marks for each question.
- There is no negative marking.
- Mode of Exam for NATA is offline.
Did You Know How to Fill BITSAT Application Form
NATA Syllabus includes all the topics from which the questions will be asked in the exam. The NATA 2017 syllabus is divided into three sections that are Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing. Syllabus of NATA is very important for the aspirants to prepare for the exam in proper and effective manner.
Syllabus For Mathematics
- Coordinate Geometry of three dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
Syllabus For General Aptitude
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal) awareness of national/international architects and their creations.
Syllabus For Drawing
- Conceptualization and visualization
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
For Complete Syllabus of NATA Click on the link.
NATA Exam Centers
NATA Exam Centers are the venues where NATA was conducted. This year NATA was conducted in 70 test centers in which 69 are across India and 1 was in Dubai. We have provided the list of some exam centers here. Candidates can check the list and chose the exam center accordingly.
|City Code||State||City Name|
|1||ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR|
|2||ANDHRA PRADESH||VIJAYAWADA, VISAKHAPATNAM|
|5||BIHAR||GAYA, MUZAFFARPUR , PATNA|
|10||GUJARAT||AHMEDABAD, GANDHINAGAR , SURAT, VADODARA|
|11||HARYANA||FARIDABAD, GURGAON, KURUKSHETRA|
|12||HIMACHAL PRADESH||HAMIRPUR, SHIMLA|
|13||JAMMU & KASHMIR||JAMMU|
|14||JHARKHAND||DHANBAD, JAMSHEDPUR, RANCHI|
|15||KARNATAKA||BENGALURU, HUBLI, MANGALORE|
|16||KERALA||ERNAKULAM, KOZHIKODE, THIRUVANTHAPURAM|
|17||MADHYA PRADESH||BHOPAL, GWALIOR, INDORE, JABALPUR|
|18||MAHARASHTRA||AURANGABAD, MUMBAI, NAGPUR, NASIK, PUNE|
|23||ODISHA||BALASORE, BHUBANESWAR, CUTTACK, SAMBALPUR|
|26||RAJASTHAN||JAIPUR, JODHPUR, UDAIPUR|
|28||TAMIL NADU||CHENNAI, COIMBATORE, MADURAI|
To see the complete list of exam centers click on the link.
NATA Participating Institutes
NATA Participating Institutes are the colleges who will offer the admission to the candidates who have qualified the NATA to undergraduate B.Arch courses. Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of their score in the test. To get the complete information and list of NATA Participating Institutes 2017 click on the link.
NATA Result was announced by Council of Architecture (CoA) on 9th June 2017. Candidates can download their score cards along with the result. Candidates must take the printout of the score card for the admission process. The score card will be available online only. No hard copy will be sent to the candidates.
NATA Counselling will not be conducted by the Council of Architecture. Candidates have to check the University, Institute, and State admission notifications for the admission in B. Arch. Most of the Universities and Institutes accept the NATA score for the admission in B.Arch. Only those candidates can apply for the admission who have qualified the NATA 2017.
NATA Answer Key
NATA Answer Key was published on 25th May by Council of Architecture. With the help of NATA Answer key, candidates can match their answers given in the exam and calculate their score in NATA. The CoA has also released the OMR sheet and recorded response for the candidates. The OMR Sheet and Recorded Response will be available until 24th May 2017. Candidates can apply for the rechecking of the OMR sheet by paying Rs. 1000/- per claim. The last date to apply for the rechecking was 24th May.