JEE Main Counseling and Seat Allotment 2017 will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment 2017 will be conducted in approx 6 rounds.
JEE Main Counseling and Seat Allotment will be conducted for 31 NITs, 20 IITs, and 18 GFTIs because these are the participating institutes of JEE Main 2017. Counseling will be done online and may be started from the first week of July 2017.
Only qualified candidates of JEE Main will be eligible to participate in the counseling and seat allotment. All the detail of Counseling and Seat Allotment of JEE Main is provided in this article.
Procedure of Counselling and Seat Allotment
- Online Registration.
- Online Choice Filling and Locking.
- Seat Allotment.
- Fee Payment And Seat Freezing.
- Reporting to Institute.
Step 1- Online Registration
- Register yourself online on the official website of JEE Main.
- Enter your JEE Main Roll number.
- Enter your JEE Main Registration number.
- Enter your Date Of Birth (D.O.B).
- Enter your required password.
- Click on Confirm button.
Note: – Candidates must remember their registration number and password generated by the system.
Step 2- Choice Filling And Locking
- Firstly login with your Registration number, Roll number, and password on the official website of JEE Main Counseling page.
- Fill your choices according to your preferred colleges and branches.
- After filling the choices, candidates can rerecord them or can add new choices by editing button.
- Candidates have to lock their choices before the last date otherwise the choices will be locked by default. ( Candidates should fill as many choices as they can).
- Counseling and seat allotment will be done on the basis of JEE Main All India Rank (AIR).
- For admission to the programs like Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering, candidates have to full fill other parameters also.
Step 3- Seat Allotment
The JEE Main Counseling and seat allotment will be conducted on the basis of following factors:
- Category of the candidate (ST, SC, PwD, GEN).
- All India rank of the candidate in JEE Main Rank List.
- The priority order of the candidate’s choice filling of institutes and programmes.
- Availability of seats for which the candidate is eligible.
- Business Rules.
Note: – Candidate will be informed by the message on registered mobile number after the allotment of the seat. Candidate must take the printout of the seat allotment letter for the admission procedure.
Step 4- Fee Payment And Seat Freezing
- The candidate has to pay the fee by the online mode of payment through SBI Net Banking/Debit Card or through the SBI E-Challan mode.
- For the freezing of the seat, the candidate has to verify all the documents at reporting institute.
- After this, the candidate will be offering a provisional admission letter.
Note: – For all GEN category candidates, the seat acceptance fee is Rs. 45,000/- and for all the SC, ST, PwD etc, The seat acceptance fee is Rs. 20,000/-.
Step 5- Reporting To Institute
- Candidates have to report to the institute with the all original certificates and documents for the admission.
- This is the last step of JEE Main counseling for the admission.
List of Documents Required Reporting
- 3 Passport Size Colored Photo.
- Photo ID Card.
- Provisional Seat Allotment Latter.
- Fee Slip of Seat Freeze payment.
- JEE Main Admit Card.
- JEE Main Score Card.
- D.O.B Proof.
- Class XII Mark Sheet.
- Category Certificate ( If Applicable).
JEE Main Counseling Schedule
|Declaration of JEE Advanced All India Ranks (AIR)||Second week of June 2017|
|Declaration of XII class marks by CBSE||Third week of June 2017|
|Declaration of JEE Main AIRs||Last week of June 2017|
|Filling of choices by the candidates||Fourth week of June 2017|
|Display of Mock seat allocation based on the choice filling by the candidate||Last week of June 2017|
|Seat Allocation (1st Round)||Last week of June 2017|
|Acceptance of seat (1st Round)||First week of July 2017|
|Display of seat availability Status||First week of July 2017|
|Seat Allocation (2nd Round)||First week of July 2017|
|Acceptance of seat (2nd Round)||First and Second week of July 2017|
|Display of seat availability Status||After 2nd Round Seat acceptance|
|Seat Allocation (3rd Round)||After 2nd Round Seat acceptance|
|Acceptance of seat (3rd Round)||2-3 days after seat allotment of 3rd round|
|Display of seat availability Status||After 3rd Round Seat acceptance|
|Seat Allocation (4th Round)||After 3rd Round Seat acceptance|
|Acceptance of seat (4th Round)||After 1-2 days of seat allocation of 4th round|
|Beginning of the sessions at IITs||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Physical reporting of candidates to the Institutes||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Starting with Academic Sessions for Preparatory courses at IITs||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Academic sessions starts at NITs||Fourth week of July 2017|