JEE Main application form is released by Central Board of Secondary Education. It can be filled online and payment of fee can be done online as well as offline through challan. Interested candidates can fill the JEE application form online.
But before applying online JEE Main exam candidates should read the brochure in detail to understand the terms and conditions of JEE form. CBSE issues the admit card before the exam on the basis of the application form.
Check out – CutOff JEE Main 2017
How To Fill JEE Main Application Form
How to fill JEE Main application form is explained here step by step. As CBSE releases the JEE Main application form candidates can apply for JEE online form. In brief how to fill the JEE main online form is:
Step 1- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves through the official website of JEE Main. In 1st step, a password will be generated.
Step 2- Filling Information: In this step candidates have to fill their personal details, educational details, exam related details and other important details.
Looking for JEE Main Colleges? Click here
Step 3- Uploading of Image and Signature: In this step, candidates have to upload their photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression properly.
Step 4- Payment Fee: Candidates can pay the fee through online method or with e-challan.
Step 5- Print Out Application Form: After fee payment, the final step is to download the acknowledgment page for future purpose.
But before applying for the JEE Main online form, one needs few things ready for him/her which are explained below:
- Official Documents: – Before filing form keep your documents with you in order to avoid mistakes. For name refer your 12th class mark sheet and for the date of birth refer your 10th class mark sheet.
- Valid E-mail ID and Mobile Number: – CBSE sends the information on registered email id and mobile number. So use your personal email id and mobile number.
- Scan Photograph, Signature, And Thumb Impression: – JEE Main form requires candidates photo, signature, and thumb impression. All should be uploaded in required format and size.
Want to prepare for JEE Main? Check out the tips for preparing JEE Main
Photograph, Signature And Thumb Impression Specifications
All these three things should be in the proper manner to fill the application form. All the specifications are given below for all three things:
- The photograph should be passport size with name and date.
- The photograph should be colored with a clear background (prefer white/blue background).
- It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
- The size should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height).
- File size should be more than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- The photograph should be clear (without blur or smudge).
- The signature should be done by the candidates only as it may be checked any time frequently.
- Signature will be accepted on the white page only.
- Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Sign inside the box.
- The scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
- Crop only box area.
- Save in file size in not less than 1 kb and not more than 30 kb.
- First, place ink on your thumb and then place it on a white paper.
- Scan the image and then use a cropping tool to maintain the dimension 3.5X1.5 cm.
- Then save the file in JPEG format of size between 1 kb to 30 kb.
Step By Step Instruction How To Fill JEE Main Application Form
Step-1 Registration and Fill Details:
- Go to official website of JEE Main.
- Then go to link “Apply for JEE Main”.
- Then you will see three simple steps to apply online. Then click on “apply for Jee Main”.
- On next page, you will see the instructions. Read all the instructions carefully. And then tick the box and click on proceed to apply.
- Then you will land on the first page of application form.
- Here you have to fill Aadhaar Authentication Form.
- Fill all the details like Nationality, State for eligibility, aadhaar number name etc.
- Then click on submit button.
- Now you will see the exam details.
- Fill the exam related details such as applying for, exam mode, exam center, and exam medium.
- Then fill the personal details like Candidate name Father’s name, mother’s name, category, date of birth. All details should be correct and according to your mark sheets and documents.
- After personal information fills the Academic details.
- After academic details fill mailing address properly.
- Then fill the Guardian details like the qualification of guardian, occupation and an annual income of guardians.
- Next step is to choose the password and security question. The password should be chosen carefully so that it can be remembered.
- After that fill the security pin that is given below and click on “Next button”.
- In Next step, you will see the final review page. Check all the information whether it is correct or not and then click on the “submit” button.
Step-2 Upload Photograph, Signature And Thumb Impression
- Click on the “upload scanned image”.
- Upload all the images one by one.
- Preview all images whether all are ok or not.
- Then click on “final upload”.
Step-3 Pay Application Fee Of JEE Mains
- First, click on the link “ Pay Exam Fee”.
- Then select the mode of payment.
- Payment can be done by Credit card/Debit card or through e-challan of Syndicate bank/Canara bank/HDFC bank/ICICI.
- Then done the payment by Credit card/Debit card or by e-challan.
- The application fee is not refundable.
- If the acknowledgment page is not generated then the transaction is canceled and the payment is refunded to the bank account within a week. And the candidate has to make another payment till the acknowledgment page is not generated.
- If a candidate chooses the e-challan mode then he/she has to take the printout of the challan and have to go to the nearest selected bank.
- After depositing challan candidate can download their acknowledgment page.
- After payment go to the login page again.
- Then login through application number and password.
- Then take the printout of your acknowledgment page.