JEE Advanced Rank List 2017 will be declared by the IIT Madras on 11th June 2017 with the JEE Advanced Result. It is the part of the JEE Advanced result. The JEE Advanced Rank list consists of marks obtained by the candidate, category wise rank, and All India Rank (AIR).
In the JEE Advanced Rank list, only those candidates are included who have appeared for both papers and secured the minimum prescribed marks in individual subjects and aggregate. In this article, we have covered that how you can check your JEE Advanced Rank.
How To Check JEE Advanced Rank List/Rank Card
- Click on the link.
- Enter your JEE Advanced registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
- After that click on the “Submit” Button.
- Your rank list/ rank card will be shown on the screen.
- Download or take the printout of the rank list or rank card.
Some Facts About Rank List of JEE Advanced
- JEE Advanced Rank list includes only those candidates who have appeared for both the papers.
- JEE Advanced score for an individual subject will be calculated from both the papers that are from paper part-1 and part-2. For example, your chemistry subject mark will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in paper-1 and paper-2. Similarly, Physics and Mathematics marks will be calculated.
- The aggregate marks of JEE Advanced Exam will be the sum of all three subject marks, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The rank list will be prepared on the aggregate marks obtained in JEE Advanced.
- No waiting list is there for the rank list.
- For the purpose of ranking, if a candidate qualifies in more than one category then he/she will be considered in all the categories he/she belongs to.
JEE Advanced Criteria For Rank List
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks In Each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common Rank List||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Course Rank List||2.5||8.75|
Tie Breaking In Rank
If two or more candidates carry equal marks then the rank will decide by following rules:
- If two or more candidates share same marks then the rank of a candidate having high marks in Mathematics and then in Physics will get a higher rank.
- The absolute value of candidate is calculated on the basis of the ratio of negative and positive marks. The Candidate having higher absolute value will get the higher rank.
- If both rules are not able to resolve the problem then both the candidate will be given the same rank.
Total Number of Registered Candidates
JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
With the help of JEE Advanced Rank Predictor, the candidates can know their predicted rank or expected rank before the declaration of result on the basis of previous statistics and paper, difficulty rank prediction can be done.
For JEE Advanced, selection of the candidates are done on the basis of JEE Main rank and percentage of marks obtained in 10+2 class. But from 2017 the weight age of school marks has been removed and the selection of candidates for JEE Advanced will be done on the rank of JEE Main.
JEE Advanced Rank Predictor predicts the rank for the student to expect the kind, of course, he might get in the undergraduate program. But remember one thing that doesn’t rely on the rank predictor. Many coaching centers provide the rank predictor. Students can use this software to get the predicted rank.
Some of the coaching centers that provides JEE rank predictor are FIITJEE, Resonance Rank Predictor, Allen Rank Predictor, Narayana Rank Predictor and Akash Rank Predictor.
How To Use JEE Advanced Rank Predictor – User Guide
The following steps should be used by the candidates to find the rank with the help of JEE Advanced Rank Predictor:
- Click on the link given to check JEE Advanced Rank Predictor. (Link has been Removed)
- The candidates have to log in with their Facebook account or Google account.
- After successful login, candidates have to enter the information like roll number, expected marks in physics, chemistry, and mathematics, cutoff category, the board of qualifying 12th exam, accurate percentage/expected percentage in 12th class.
- After that click on the submit button.
- The expected all India rank will be shown on the screen with the status of the candidate whether he/she qualified the exam or not.
JEE Advanced Cutoff for IITs
|5||IIT Madras (Chennai)|