JEE Advanced Counseling and seat allotment will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). JEE Advanced counseling is done for offering the admissions in IITs and ISM Dhanbad. The counseling and seat allotment of JEE Advanced include registration for counseling, choice filling, choice locking, allotment of seat and document verification.
JEE Advanced counseling includes 6 rounds. For more information about the counseling and seat allotment, go through this article.
Eligibility Criteria Of JEE Advanced Counselling
- In order to participate in the counselling and seat allotment, the candidate must secure the eligible rank in the JEE Advanced examination.
- The candidate should secure minimum 75% aggregate marks in 12th class or equivalent board exam. For the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD category, the aggregate marks are 65% for the admission.
- The candidate must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12th or equivalent board exam.
Want preparation tips for JEE Mains And Advanced – Click Here
JEE Advanced Counselling Procedure
All steps of JEE Advanced Counseling Procedure are explained below in detail:
Step 1- Online Registration
- Register yourself online on the official website of JEE Advanced.
- Enter your JEE Advanced Roll number.
- Enter your JEE Advanced Registration number.
- Enter your Date Of Birth (D.O.B).
- Enter your required password.
- Click on Confirm button.
Note: – Candidates must remember their registration number and password generated by the system.
Step 2- Choice Filling
- Firstly login with your Registration number, Roll number, and password on the official website of JEE Advanced counselling page (Link is given above)
- Fill your choices according to your preferred colleges and branches.
- After filling the choices, candidates can rerecord them or can add new choices by editing button.
- Candidates have to lock their choices before the last date otherwise the choices will be locked by default. ( Candidates should fill as many choices as they can).
- Counselling and seat allotment will be done on the basis of JEE Advanced All India Rank (AIR).
- For admission to the programs like Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering, candidates have to full fill other parameters also.
Step 3- Online Seat Allotment And Reporting
- After locking of choices, candidates will be allotted seats in different IITs.
- JEE Advanced counselling and seat allotment might have 6 rounds.
- To check the seat allotted, candidates have to log in again through registration number, roll number, and password.
- Candidates have to check the seat allotment after every round of counselling or seat allotment. (Allocated seat may be changed due to up gradation. Candidates should be careful regarding this).
- After allocation of the seat, candidates have to book/lock their seats. For this, candidates have to pay the required fee online.
- The candidates belonging to the ST, SC and PwD Category, have to get their category certificates at the time of admission. If the certificate is unacceptable then the candidate will be treated as the General Category candidate.
- After Fee deposit, the candidate has to report to the institute with the required documents to freeze their seat.
Top IIT Colleges Accepting JEE Advanced Score – Click Here
Documents Required For Reporting
- JEE Advanced Seat allotment letter downloaded from the website.
- JEE Advanced Original Admit Card.
- JEE Advanced Application Form.
- Medical examination certificate.
- Date of Birth proof (Class X mark sheet or birth certificate).
- Class XII mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PwD).
- For Foreign Nationals: Attested photocopy of passport page containing Name, Nationality, and Photo.
JEE Advanced Counseling Schedule
|Declaration of JEE Advanced All India Ranks (AIR)||Second week of June 2017|
|Declaration of XII class marks by CBSE||Third week of June 2017|
|Filling of choices by the candidates||Fourth week of June 2017|
|Display of Mock seat allocation based on the choice filling by the candidate||Last week of June 2017|
|Seat Allocation (1st Round)||Last week of June 2017|
|Acceptance of seat (1st Round)||First week of July 2017|
|Display of seat availability Status||First week of July 2017|
|Seat Allocation (2nd Round)||First week of July 2017|
|Acceptance of seat (2nd Round)||First and Second week of July 2017|
|Display of seat availability Status||After 2nd round seat acceptance|
|Seat Allocation (3rd Round)||After 2nd Round Seat acceptance|
|Acceptance of seat (3rd Round)||2-3 days after seat allotment of 3rd round|
|Display of seat availability Status||After 3rd round seat acceptance|
|Seat Allocation (4th Round)||After 3rd Round Seat acceptance|
|Acceptance of seat (4th Round)||After 1-2 days of seat allocation of 4th round|
|Beginning of the sessions at IITs||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Physical reporting of candidates to the Institutes||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Starting with Academic Sessions for Preparatory courses at IITs||Fourth week of July 2017|
|Academic sessions starts at NITs||Fourth week of July 2017|