GRE Syllabus 2017 is designed by the conducting body of GRE test which is Educational Testing Service (ETS). GRE Test syllabus is available in two formats: GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test. GRE 2017 syllabus is different for both formats. GRE General test measures test taker’s verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills while GRE subject test measures candidate’s expertise in a specific field like Mathematics, Biology, and others. In this article, we have provided all the details and GRE Syllabus. Go through this article to get all information about the same.
GRE Syllabus For General Test
GRE General Test syllabus is divided into three sections which are Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. Here we have provided the syllabus for all these sections:
GRE Syllabus For Verbal Reasoning
The Verbal Reasoning Section has three types of questions: Reading Comprehension, Text Completion, and Sentence Equivalence. GRE verbal reasoning section measures the candidate’s following abilities:
- Analyze and draw conclusions, understand and add value to incomplete data, identify the perception of the author.
- Understand and summarize the structure of a text.
- Understand the meanings of words, sentences and entire texts.
- Identify vital points and differentiate between relevant and irrelevant points.
- Understand relationships among words and among concepts.
Check Out IELTS Result 2017 Online
GRE Syllabus For Quantitative Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning section measures the following ability of the candidate:
- Understand and analyze quantitative information.
- Solve problems using mathematical models.
- Interpret quantitative information correctly.
- Apply basic mathematical skills and concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data interpretation.
GRE Syllabus For Analytical Writing
Analytical Writing section measures the following ability of the candidate:
- Articulate complex ideas effectively and with clarity.
- Examine claims and accompanying evidence.
- Support ideas with relevant reasons and examples.
- Sustain a well-focused, coherent discussion.
GRE Syllabus For Subject Test
This test evaluates candidate’s expertise in the specific field. For this test candidates must be the expertise of any of following seven subjects:
- Biochemistry, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Literature in English
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is an international level test that is conducted for admission to various post graduate programs institutes across the world. Thre are about 700 test centers in more than 160 countries for the GRE Test. This test is conducted in online mode (computer-based test) or offline mode (paper-based).
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for more and latest updates on GRE Test.