GMAT Test Pattern 2017 is designed by the conducting authority Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Candidates can check the GMAT 2017 Test Pattern below in this article. GMAT test has four sections which are Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal. The total time duration of the exam is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes. Candidates preparing for the GMAT 2017 must go through the Test Pattern of GMAT 2017.
GMAT is a computer based Adaptive test and the difficulty level of the next question will depend on the previous answer. For example, if your answer to the first question is correct then the next question will be of higher difficulty level. If the given answer is wrong then the difficulty level of the next question will be lower. Read this article to get more information about GMAT Test Pattern 2017.
GMAT Test Pattern
|S.No.||Section||Number of Qustions||Allocated Time|
|1||Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30 Minutes|
|2||Integrated Reasoning||12||30 Minutes|
|Total||91||3 Hour & 30 Minutes|
Analytical Writing Assessment
This section is for the testing the candidate’s ability of thinking. This is an essay section where candidates have to write an analysis of the presented argument. This section contains only 1 question and time duration for this section is 30 Minutes. This section is scaled on the basis of following points:
- Writing And Ability Skills
- Clarity and Logic in Argument
- Overall relevance of essay with respect to the given topic
This section is similar to the Data Interpretation section in CAT. Integrated Reasoning section measures the ability of the candidate to evaluate information presented in multiple formats from multiple sources. This section contains 12 questions and time duration for this section is also 30 Minutes. The Integrated Reasoning section consists of 4 type of questions:
- Graphics Interpretation
- Table Analysis
- Two Part Analysis
- Multi Source Reasoning
This quantitative section consists of two types of questions: Problem Solving & Data Sufficiency. The level of the mathematics in this section is similar to School’s secondary classes. This section has 37 number of questions which candidates have to solve in 75 Minutes. The main topics of Quantitative sections are:
This section evaluates the following abilities of the candidates:
- Reading and understanding the written material
- Rectifying the written material in accordance with standard written English
- Reasoning out and appraising the arguments
Verbal section has the 41 questions and candidates are given 75 Minutes to solve these questions. This section has the three types of questions which are as follows:
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Sentence Correction
Check This Out GATE Exam 2017 Answer Key with Question Paper
Important Points Regarding GMAT Test Format
- GMAT is a Computer Adaptive Test.
- Total time duration of the exam is 3 Hours and 30 Minutes.
- The difficulty level of the next question will depend on the previous answer. For example, if your answer to the first question is correct then the next question will be of higher difficulty level. If the given answer is wrong then the difficulty level of the next question will be lower.
- The final score will depend on the difficulty level of the questions that student has answered.
- The correct answer to the higher difficulty level question lead to a higher score and correct answer to lower difficulty level question will result in a lower score.
Keep visiting www.careergyaani.com for the latest information about GMAT.