The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) was established on 1st June 1984 by Assam government. The council has a chairman who is the executive of the council.
The chairman of the council is appointed by the state government of the Assam. Next to the chairman is secretary of the council who is responsible for all the matters like accounts, public relations, legal matters and affiliation of the council.
Functions of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC)
- To prescribe schemes of studies, syllabus, and course of instructions for the higher secondary schools.
- Conducting of the exams timely.
- To demand and take fees prescribed by the regulations.
- To publish the result of examinations.
- Granting of the certificates of passing students.
- Providing scholarships and prizes to the deserving students.
- To Prescribe and select the textbooks and supplementary books.
- To make the conditions for recognizing the higher schools and junior colleges.
- To affiliate the higher secondary schools.
- To advise the government on re-organization and development of higher secondary education.
Branches Of AHSEC
- Academic Branch
- Accounts Branch
- Certificate Branch
- Establishment Branch
- Examination Branch
- Pension Cell
- State Open School (SOS) Cell
- RPR Branch
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) Syllabus
The syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) is designed by the team of expert teachers of all the subjects. The syllabus is modified regularly by the team of experts for the different academic sessions. The board prepares the syllabus according to the overall growth of the students, present demand and necessity of the student’s growth. The syllabus for higher secondary classes is available online. You can see the syllabus or download it from the link given below:
- Higher Secondary second year Syllabus (Arts)
- Higher Secondary second year Syllabus (Commerce)
- Higher Secondary second year Syllabus (Science)
The books of AHSEC are prepared by the academic wing of the board having the expert teachers of all subjects. The syllabus of the books is revised regularly according to the necessity. After preparation of the syllabus, textbooks are printed and published for the students.
AHSEC Roll Number/Admit Card
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) issues the roll number or admit card for higher secondary examinations. All the admit cards/roll numbers are issued few days before the examinations. This roll number/ admit card is important to sit in the examination. The admit card has the information of student’s name, roll number, exam dates, and exam center.
Different Forms Of AHSEC
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) releases the different forms online. Which can be downloaded from the links given below:
- Form for Issuing Original Certificate Page 1 Page 2
- Form for Issuing Duplicate Certificate Page 1 Page 2
- Form for Issuing Duplicate Marksheet and Admission Card Page 1 Page 2
- Form for Issuing Migration Certificate Download
- Form for Issuing Duplicate Registration Certificate Download
- Form for Rechecking of Answer Scripts Download
- Form for Gap Permission Download
- Form for Extension/Recognition Download
- Form for Registration Statement Download
- HS Exam Center Application Form (Practical) Download
- HS Exam Center Application Form (Theory) Download
AHSEC Exam Details
AHSEC conducts the exams in the month of February or March for both the classes that are 10th and 10+2.The result is declared in the month of may. It takes 40 to 50 days for the evaluation of the answer sheets and announces the result.
Assam Board Result Statistics
Every year 2-3 lakh students participate in the exams of 10+2 and 1.5-2.5 lakh students of the 10th class. The last year statistics of the 10+2 students is:-
|Total no. of students||1,90,899||15,942||33,822|
Chech out the Result of Assam Board Here.
The major drawback of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council and other board of the states that they don’t focus on the Hindi language which is our mother tongue. As a result, students face communication problems when they interact with the people from the other states.
AHSEC Contact Details
- Formation:- 1st June 1984
- Headquarters: – Guwahati, India.
- Website:- www.ahsec.nic.in
- Location: – Bamunimaidam, Guwahati – 781 021
- Official Languages: – Assamese and English